Monday, July 2, 2018

I am back!

Well I am back after a long hiatus! 
Another blogger brought it to my attention that it had been awhile since my last blog post. She was being kind, it has been over a year!
 Where did that time go? Wow!
 Well last year I was so busy with doing Hook-ins and teaching, that I just couldn't do it all, so I guess my blogging took a back seat. I wasn't hooking much and not much to share.
I have not been doing much hooking this year either. I did a Hook-in in Texas in March, came home and have just been taking some much needed time to just relax and catch up on life!
However!
I started this rug back in February while hooking with some ladies in Onancock VA for a week. I have hooked a little on it since then, but not much. I thought it would be appropriate since this week is the of July 4th. This is an adaption of an antique quilt made in the 1800's.


This is the information that I have on the antique quilt:

1825 - 1840 Susan Strong's "Great Seal" Quilt - Smithsonian - National Museum of American History. An appliquéd and embroidered adaptation of the Great Seal of the United States centers this cotton quilt made by Susan Strong in the early second quarter of the nineteenth century. Susan probably made this quilt in Ohio, where her family moved prior to 1820. The Great Seal has been in use since 1782 to authenticate documents issued by the United States government. Many adaptions of the Great Seal of the United States have been made, but I love this one!

 Thanks for taking the time to come and read my blog!
ENJOY!
Cammie
 

6 comments:

  1. It's about time woman, lol. Have missed you and your posts, your rugs. And, in September will have a chance to see you but hope you post before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cammie your rug is a beauty...wonderful faded look to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your rug is amazing and timely. Glad to see you back.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, Cammie, I totally forgot to tell you how lovely your Great Seal rug is. Guess I'll get to see it in person come September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are back! I had been by a couple of times and your Etsy store too.
    Its always so nice to have a break. That is a lovely rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I went by to say hello, since I've been disconnected from everything for a long time. As always I love your work. That I still think that they are not chapucillas, but great works. A kiss.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete