Sunday, March 3, 2019

New Rug

I’m excited to share with you my latest rug.  Although I designed it several months ago, I just now got it hooked!  It is based on an antique rug that I saw in a picture.  In the picture, the center of the rug was covered, so I created a floral garland in the center.   The pattern is 23" x 42" and I called it Antique Primitive Scrolls.
 
 
I wanted this rug to have the feel of an old rug, not only in the style, but also in the colors!  Using my soft colors of pink, coral, blue, and green teamed with the soft yellow/tan of the center and antique black for the outside, I feel achieved my objective!  My husband looked at it and his first comment was “Well, that looks old”!
 
It is always fun to start a new rug, but if you are anything like me, once you are half done with the one you are working on, you are planning your next rug!  Well, my next project is called  “Cluck, Cluck" bet you can't guess what it is! LOL!  It is  27" X 34"  and I can’t wait to get it color planned and start Hooking!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Love it, colors are so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d say you nailed the old look. Well done! It’s gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new creation of an old rug. And yes, I'm the same way about planning the next one before the present one is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did achieve the old look for sure and it is not that easy to do!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. You absolutely achieved the old look and it is wonderful.

    Wishing you a lovely day, Doreen

    ReplyDelete