Saturday, May 25, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

I can’t believe it is Memorial week-end!  It seems this year is flying by.  In honor of the holidays that are dedicated to the celebration of our country, I thought I would share this rug.  I hooked it back in 2003 and had prepped the edge to add a braid, as I had just learned how to do that. Well I never got the braid added and over the years, braiding was not my thing, so it sat unfinished. I am trying to finish unfinished projects, so I had been thinking about how I was going to finish this one.


After searching for several months, I found this wonderful red, white and blue trim at a local fabric store.  It appeared a little bright so I toned it down with Walnut crystals.  This trim consisted of the twisted rope attached to a binding as you can see in the picture. I thought it would work great to finish it.
                                                      


I hand stitched the braid edge to the edge of the rug with the binding covering the raw edge of the rug.  Then hand sewed the binding down on the backside of the rug.  The challenge of the trim was figuring out how to finish the two ends. It was too bulky to just wrap it over to the backside so I ended up butting the ends together and covering with a piece of blue wool.





Here is the back side of the rug.

 
 It is virtually invisible from the front side. I like this finish so much better and feel the simplicity of the rug needed this special finish.

 Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my blog!
I wish you and your loved ones a happy and safe holiday!
ENJOY!
 
 

                                                                              

3 comments:

  1. wonderfully simple rug Cammie...a very nice finish...I'm working on all my unfinished quilt projects...ugh..happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. INSTANT AFFORDABLE PERSONAL/BUSINESS/HOME/INVESTMENT LOAN OFFER WITHOUT COST/STRESS CONTACT US TODAY VIA Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, Do you need an urgent loan to support your business or in any purpose? we are certified and legitimate and international licensed loan Company. We offer loans to Business firms, companies and individuals at an affordable interest rate of 2% , It might be a short or long term loan or even if you have poor credit, we shall process your loan as soon as we receive your application. we are an independent financial institution. We have built up an excellent reputation over the years in providing various types of loans to thousands of our customers. We Offer guaranteed loan services of any amount to people all over the globe, we offer easy Personal loans,Commercial/business loan, Car Loan Leasing/equipment finance, Debt consolidation loan, Home loan, ETC with either a good or bad credit history. If you are in need of a loan do contact us via Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com
    ®Capital Managements Inc™ 2021.
    Share this to help a soul right now, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baskets of wool supplies world Best rugs & wool, I heard many friends yours Rugs & wool is so beautiful Designed & art . Luxeruggallery also supplies Best CARPETS & RUGS in Denver, Colorado, USA. Luxeruggallery company avialable every type of designs in carpets & Rugs .
    https://luxeruggallery.com

    ReplyDelete